Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Local Auctions Appear to Be Picking Up!

For a while I noticed the prices were way down at local auctions, but over the last couple weeks things have started to change. Over the past few months I have found that many items were down approximately 60% in price. Sometimes it was worse than that. I actually put an antique stage coach trunk on the table, and sold it for $10...they used to bring close to $100.

The economy had people sitting on their wallets, but I am beginning to see change in the right direction. For the past year antiques have nearly bottomed out. Ocassionally, a seller would do well with a load of antiques. Thankfully, it looks like people are getting back to more collectable items. That's good for me because I prefer to sell older items, and I don't particularly care to sell wholesale type merchandise.

If you get a chance visit one of many local live auctions...here is a list of places to consider:
  • Box Car Auction - Dothan, Every Teusday 6:30
  • J&R Auction - Malvern, Every Friday 7:00
  • J&J Auction - Ino, Every Saturday 7:00

No comments:

Post a Comment