Wednesday, August 26, 2009

CURBING: Creative Money Making

What is curbing you may ask? Well you have heard it said that one mans junk is another mans treasure. This is when one mans trash becomes one mans sellable merchandise.

Curbing defined is legally (because nobody likes a thief) taking items that people have placed to the curb for local garbage removal and selling those items.

My buddy Buck and I coined this term...well really he did...I was just there when the inspiration came. On occasion he will call and say that he saw an item of interest on the curb in his neighborhood and he or I will pick it up. Sometimes on the night before garbage run I drive the nice subdivisions. You would not believe what people throw away. If you can get over the embarassment of going through someones trash...there is sometimes big money to be made on the night before trash run.

This past weekend I received permission to remove the garbage pile that had been made near a home in my subdivision. They were moving so they were just throwing things away. I picked enough out of the trash to sell for three nights at the auction. Let me tell you some items of interest:

  • Complete set of pool table balls, sticks and racks
  • Complete ping pong set
  • NASCAR merchandise...some of it autographed!
  • Lawn Mower
  • Entire carton of baseball cards.
  • and lots more!

I will sell this at local auctions...they had just graduated college and threw their text books away...they are bringing $60 each on ebay.

In an economy like this...making money with no real financial investment is awesome. So, the next time you have an evening free. Check out your neighbors trash you never know what you might find when you go CURBING!

No comments:

Post a Comment